Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How I'm Going to Analyze My Data

I plan on taking fieldnotes along with a tape recorder as backup if I am finding that that would be useful to employ during my session with the writer. I plan on looking for documents that came from the donor or organization that is funding money in order to see initiating texts that prompted the writer to write a certain way. I will look at any comments from the other writers at Future Generations, since I mainly plan on researching one writer in the org. ( the one that does the main work on grant proposals). This goes along in part with the influence of the workplace on writing. Kliemann's four levels of comments will help me analyze that data effectively. I want to analyze the drafts by seeing what key vocabulary changes and structure of sentence level alters as the drafts progress into the final one.I will use triangulation of data--by observing the writer and then applying it to the text. This method does not involve taking their thoughts on their revision process at face value. So, I will look for evidence that they had strong revisions, instead of just listening them say how much time they spent revising the document.

No comments: